Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Water Color Painting

Water Colors are my favorite type of colors because I love the texture, color combination that I get after mixing the colors together. Some people find it hard to handle the wet colors and they also get frustrated how to use brush. Actually, water color painting is an art and technique that if anyone masters, it will become a plus point to their art skills. I also struggled at the beginning understanding the colors and patterns, but by the time I felt comfortable with it. You can check My Art Collection tab in which I have uploaded some of my paintings. Here's my most favorite painting that I personally love a lot.
 

Snowy day
Painting Whites

I got inspiration from Walter Foster's books especially about water color paintings. The books are so amazing that any person can learn to paint from basic to advance level. The two books that I like the most are about Outdoor Scenes and Landscapes. The books provide all the information from gathering materials, beginning with basics to exploring different techniques. 

The color palette that I have used in this painting contains colors: burnt Sienna, Cadmium red light, cerulean blue, cobalt blue, dioxazine violet, permanent magenta, raw sienna, permanent alizarin crimson.

The best tip to paint a landscape is to view the natural scene and take picture of it; this is because the light changes quickly outdoors, which makes it hard to paint all the natural colors, shadows and highlights as they shift. Capturing the light is most important so always check the variations in color of real landscape and picture. Once you understand the hues, variations and saturation, you are ready to paint anything of your interest. So friends, if you are afraid of water color painting, don't be afraid from now. Follow some books of your choice and learn from these every time you wish to paint. One most important thing, do Practice! Practice! and Practice!

All the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment